Battling Acne

Image: Idea go / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

Acne
Unless you were born with perfect skin... we've ALL had to deal with blemishes/pimples.  They are quite the nuisance but inevitable at times.  I unfortunately am acne prone. My battle for clear skin has been going on since I've been about 13.  I am now 25 and my acne returned with a vengeance about a year ago.  I want to share with you a couple of tips and tricks that I've learned through out the years.  Even if you don't have acne prone skin some of this stuff may be helpful.  I do apologize in advance if some of you already know all of these tips.  (I'm not an expert nor a dermatologist)


Helpful Tips & Tricks
  • If it works for you then it doesn't mean it works for me. Remember that when you try a new product. Proactiv worked for me for quite some time but eventually my acne didn't seem effected. However, my friend has had continued success with Proactiv.  Don't be afraid to try something new after a couple of months if you don't get results.
  • Be consistent.  When you are trying out a new treatment make sure that you are putting together a routine. If you aren't consistent then the chances of the product giving you the best results is less.
  • Practice good hygiene. Once you have a routine down be sure that your hands are always clean if you find that you touch your face a lot. Also, never skip a wash... especially before bed.  Before you wash your face be sure to use a makeup remover to get all of the make up off of your face.
  • If you have redness on your face... use a green concealer to cover up.  I recommend Clinique Acne Solutions Clearing Concealer Correct Green. That product not only conceals redness but fights your pimples at the same time. <3
  • If you have a lot of dry skin from acne medication be sure you use a night time moisturizer that is suited for your skin type. I would also recommend going lighter with make up. You may want to stick with tinted moisturizers so that you have a little bit of coverage.  If you have an event... exfoliate, moisturize, prime and be very diligent with foundation application. If your skin appears too dry, you may want to use a cream blush instead of powder.
  • If you have excessively oily skin... powder is your best friend. After you apply foundation, concealer or anything with a "wet" consistency be sure to apply powder on top. I, personally use MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Microfinish Powder 0.35 oz this has no color to it so I am able to use it on top of my blush for extra staying power.
  • I also recommend the following brands in case you are shopping around for make up that is geared for sensitive skin... Clinique, Almay, Bare Escentuals, Neutrogena, Aveda, and Origins.
  • Be confident. Nothing looks worse than a a low self esteem. Regardless of how clear your face is the best look is one that comes with confidence.  Don't be afraid of who you are or what you look like to others. Its all about how you feel!

Comments

Popular Posts